Liv Pur Nutritional Supplements

Friday, October 16, 2009

Bench Press on a Friday Night

Visit the Blog

Tonight I crushed my chest with some heavy bench press sets. I warmed up with 135lbs x 12 reps and climbed the ladder with 225 x 1, 245 x 1, 275 x 1, 300 x 1, 305 x 1 and 295 x 2. I tried 315 like a dumbass, but couldn't do it. The negative rep with 315 was very taxing and it was beneficial even though I couldn't raise it back up. And the good news is that my trashed shoulder survived. So I have set my sights on being able to do 315 again but I have to go slow and listen to my body. I finished my workout with 6 reps of the wheel barrow at a fast pace, up and down the driveway, which wiped me out. The workout didn't take long, was very intense and was very productive. Long, drawn out workouts are self defeating. Alot of people ask me about supplements. My stance on supplements is that there is a bunch of good stuff out there and a bunch of bad stuff. I have used supplements for years, especially while in the Army, where peak performance had to be maintained forever. If you don't need them or don't want to use them, then don't. Do they help, yes! Are they essential - No. If you do decide to use them, you have to find stuff that works for you. Everybody is different and supplements interact with people differently. Through years of trial and error, I have found what works for me. I am a fan of muscletech products because I have had years of success with it. But many people haven't. So you have to be careful and experiment- but you have to be focused and know what you are trying to do. The supplements I use, are for performance enhancement and recovery only. I don't advocate anything to replace good, wholesome nutrition. So eat your good food, first and foremost. I have been using a pre-workout stack of Gakic and JACK3D, which has been awesome. Post workout, I still use Celltech, which has been my all time favorite for a million years now. It works for me. Here are some videos from the workout.

300lbs x 1 rep

305lbs x 1 rep

295lbs x 2 reps

Eric

Dempsey's Resolution Fitness

No comments: