Liv Pur Nutritional Supplements

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Cold Night Leg Workout in the Living Room

Tonight, it was really cold out. And that means that my unheated studio is really cold. So being the "cold wuss" that I am ( a title painfully earned by suffering cold weather injuries, while conducting surveillance operations, on the East German Border, back in the day), I decided to do my leg workout in my living room. I grabbed my two 45lb kettlebells and commenced a workout while watching TV. I did a circuit of bodyweight single leg step ups, followed by kettlebell single leg step ups, then did side lunges with one 45lb kettlebell, followed by bodyweight and kettlebell calf raises, finishing with bodyweight squats. Yes, my quads and glutes are already feeling the effects. My form wasn't perfect on each rep. I tried to continually adjust as I went along. I was going to use the cold as an excuse not to workout but I knew I was only cheating myself, so I improvised, adapted and overcame the obstacle. Always do something, no matter how small or brief. Something is always better than nothing. Even if you are tired and short on time, you can always knock out a set or two of something. That little bit that you do will always help rather than submitting to the catabolic monster waiting to feed on your hard earned lean tissue.

Bodyweight Single Leg Step Ups

Kettlebell Single Leg Step Ups

Kettlebell Side Lunges

Kettlebell Calf Raises

Bodyweight Squats

No comments: