Liv Pur Nutritional Supplements

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

What does earning a medal mean?


Got my medal in the mail today! 

I have been sore and aching all month due to this challenge. 

27.3 miles kicked my ass. 

But I did it!

I can't do the long distance stuff anymore. 

I broke it down into short daily increments. 

It took me about 3 weeks. 

Due to my old injuries, I don't do events like this too often.

The medal itself doesn't mean anything. 

Although it does look cool. 

But what it represents is that I accepted a physical challenge outside of my comfort zone. And I completed it. 

I wasn't the best or the fastest. But I was able to make myself better than I was yesterday.   

That was my competition- yesterday's Me.



Go find a challenge and do it. Compete against who you were yesterday. And beat that person. 

Get out of you comfort zone. That's where all of the progress and success awaits you!

I'm off to search for my next challenge!

Eric Dempsey
Master Sergeant, US Army Retired
MS, NESTA Certified Endurance Sports Trainer 

No comments: