Liv Pur Nutritional Supplements

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Get Lean Program Winter 2012: Starting Week 4.




I'm in the 4th week of my winter 2012 get lean program. My boxer shorts kept falling to my feet because they are just way too big now. So I had to go buy all new smaller ones. I'm back down to 207. My lightest weight in about 20 years. That's down 3lbs in like 5 days - not really cool but I guess that is a sign that the program is working.

The intermittent fasting is still kicking and I'm eating everything in sight during my feeding window. I've tracked a few days of my calorie intake on my fitness pal. If you use my fitness pal, friend me on there and I can help you with your plan. I just joined recently.

Tracking your numbers even for a couple days, really shows you alot. I was coming up way short even when I thought I was eating like a mad dog. So I ate more, way more and I actually went over a few times. But it was really difficult to eat too much when the foods were clean. My fitness pal calculations come up short when I compare it to the calorie programming that I use but it is a good ball park guide to show you where you are at and where you need to go.

So when you think you are doing good and eating enough - usually you are not. That's your brain telling you that you are good so you can start to plateau. Remember the difference between I think and I know. I thought I was eating the right amounts but in reality I was way short. I can't afford to stall now with all the work I have done. That's how you need to think as well.

My workouts have been heavy and getting better. I got 305lbs on the bench with the sling shot after a year off of heavy benching. I'm still working on mobility and flexibility after my last odd back injury which left me really tight and sore for the last few weeks. But it's coming along.

The plateau monkey is chasing me down and I'm trying to stay one step ahead without breaking myself. Stay focused and remember that your brain will try to stall your progress. Plateaus are normal and ok, you just need to plan for it.

We'll see how my numbers look later in the week. Keep at it and I'll have more for you soon.

Eric

Dempsey's Resolution Fitness

No comments: