Liv Pur Nutritional Supplements

Saturday, July 25, 2015

LRSD Surveillance Missions on the Border 1995


82nd Abn Div Long Range Surveillance Detachment (LRSD) Team 6. In California, doing border surveillance and reconnaissance missions with the border patrol JTF 6 1995. 

Fitness training was epic in units like this. Developing fitness programs for military athletes who all scored over 300 on the APFT (fitness test 300 max score) was a challenging and educational experience. 

I was the biggest, slowest dude on my team and I was in phenomenal shape for me. These guys would run me into the dirt every single day. Then we would go to the gym and get brutalized by the iron. 

Fitness training was 2+ hours a day on the schedule. Over the years, I quickly learned what did work and what did not work, when it came to fitness and nutrition. And we tried it all. 

This pic of my LRS Team is from 20 years ago. I've learned a lot since then. But those were the days.

Eric

No comments: