Liv Pur Nutritional Supplements

Friday, August 31, 2012

My Get Lean Program: Still In The Fight at Week 12




So last Saturday I ran the Midnight Express 5K after not running for about 7 years.  It was the true "couch to 5K" program. I got up off the couch and went out and ran a 5K. Not optimal! Well of course it kicked my ass like nothing in the world. I was determined to make it, so I ran the whole thing without walking. It was truly pathetic as I used to run 1-13 miles per day, 6-7 days a week for 25yrs straight. A 5K used to be a joke to me -now its a freakin workout. I made it and didn't quit regardless of how slow I ran. And I ran it alone without a big support crew cheering me on.

Well the simple run crippled me for all of this week and my eating and exercise got jacked up. I finally started pulling it together and tried to maintain some semblance of leanness. Continuing with intermittent fasting (IF) - I'm down to 211.5lbs - lowest I've been in around 20 years and I dropped another 1/4 inch off the waist. The belts on the shorts have to have new holes punched in them cause I'm cinching them down so much. So despite being crippled by the silly run, I pulled the nutrition plan out of the gutter and got back in the fight. I'm thinking of doing more silly things like lifting heavy weights again and signing up for more runs. 44th Birthday is Tuesday, Sept 4th. So maybe it's midlife crisis. I'll keep you posted.

Eric
Dempsey's Resolution Fitness

No comments: