Liv Pur Nutritional Supplements

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

My 8 Week Get Lean Program: Week 8 Update


So week 8 has come and I've learned a lot of stuff about what works for me and what doesn't. I am happy with my progress although I could have always done better. I can see some abs for the first time in my life. Not great but far better than I was 8 weeks ago.

I'm down to 213.5 lbs from 217.5, lost 1.25 inches from my waist and down at least 3% bodyfat. Not huge numbers but enough to make a noticeable change. I also lost a bunch of water retention.

Here is what I didn't do: I didn't do any cardio or metabolic conditioning. I didn't workout 3 hours a day. I didn't obsess over food or starve myself. My lifestyle didn't revolve around my diet or gym time. I did my same routine and tightened up my discipline on my eating a bunch but not to a fanatical level. I had cheat meals, I went out to eat numerous times. I tried to drink more water every week. I didn't take any large number of special supplements or magic shakes. I ate according to the 80/20 rule. 80% good eating, 20% cheat meals at max.

Could I have done better - of course! If I had done all the stuff I listed, I would have made even better gains but I would have been stressed and not real happy. I'm not delusional - I wasn't doing contest prep. I'm a top heavy protein type. My body type is a square upper body with skinny legs and I retain my fat around my waist. But I'm leaner now than I have ever been - not skinny but leaner with less water retention. I have never seen abs ever until now even when I ran everyday - especially then. And I retained my lean body mass, even gained a bit and retained strength and performance while healing injuries. My workouts were more bodyweight and lighter than normal resistance training with higher reps and were no more than an hour total a day.

So at a month out from 44 years old, I am pleased with my progress. I followed 2 weeks of multiple small meals, 2 weeks of carb cycling, 2 weeks of intermittent fasting and 2 weeks of a hybrid intermittent fasting and multiple small meals. I am a bigger fan of intermittent fasting now. Carb cycling, not so much for me.

I did this 8 week program for my own benefit but also to show you that you can get better, leaner, fitter and healthier without extremes and without any magic potions. Just eat good, hydrate, rest and workout smarter rather than harder. And again for all the haters and sh#t talkers, whatever! Show me your pics and results and I'll high five you. My methods work, I just proved it again.

Are you happy with yourself when you look in the mirror? I am for now. If you'd like to know more about my programs, let me know.

Eric
Dempsey's Resolution Fitness

No comments: