Liv Pur Nutritional Supplements

Monday, July 9, 2012

My 8 Week Get Lean Program - Week 4 Update

Week 4 ended the two weeks of carb cycling during weeks 3 and 4. I actually gained 2lbs, caliper pinch remained a zero and my waist stayed the same. I did actually put on some muscle and retained some water.

The carb cycling was tough for me. Some people respond super well to carb cycling but for me, not so much. I do very well on low to medium carbs with occasional cheat meals. I tried a high, medium and low carb rotation and I didn't like it at all. I switched it up after week 3 to a medium to low carb rotation with some high carb fluxes and it was better but still not my thing. I would have to play with it longer to figure out a good mix for me but I'm moving on.

Week 5 and 6 will be Intermittent Fasting or (IF). So Monday 9 July starts Week 5 and day 1 of IF. I'll be using a 16 / 8  protocol with 16 hours of fasting from 10pm-2pm and 8 hours on eating cycle from 2pm-10pm where I will take in my normal calories over an 8 hour span divided into multiple small meals.

This is gonna suck, I'm already hungry. See you next week with the week 5 report.


Eric
Dempsey's Resolution Fitness

No comments: