Liv Pur Nutritional Supplements

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Grazing - Metabolic Energizer Or Get Fat Quick Drill?


During my past years of nutrition coaching, I have come across a common psychological hold up with woman and their nutrition plan. The "Grazing" concept is where a person on a weight loss program / diet is seen eating constantly and referred to as a grazing animal (cow comes to mind right?). Based on the incompetent and inaccurate social theory that you are fat because you eat too much, when people see you eat constantly, they think " how does she/he expect to lose weight if she/he eats all the time?" This is ignorance on their part.

One of the most critical parts of the nutrition plan is the frequency of the meals. Raising your metabolism by eating the right stuff, at the right time, in the right amounts is crucial for fat loss. By engaging in so-called grazing, you are actually doing the best thing possible for attaining your fitness goals. Anyone who questions you, needs to be educated on fat loss and metabolism. So don't fear the social perception. You are doing the right thing.

Every time I slack on my nutrition plan and need to crank the metabolism back up, I get nuts, chicken and broccoli and put it in a big bowl ready to go. In between clients, I'll grab handfuls of nuts, chicken and broccoli and eat as much as I can. Then I'll go about my business and I'll get hungry a little while later and I'll repeat the process until I go to bed that night. It takes about two days and my metabolism is screaming. I am hungry constantly and eating loads of food. My performance and energy goes way up, the fat goes away and the muscle packs on. This is what you need to do. It works 100% of the time. And it's fast results. Doesn't need to be nuts, chicken and broccoli - use whatever you like as long as it's fibrous carbs and lean proteins with good fats.

Of course, you want to strive for about 6 evenly sized meals about every 2-3 hours based upon your calorie requirements and macronutrient ratio needs. But the bottom line is that eating a little alot will get you going until you can dial in your proper meals. It works. Give it a try and don't worry about being a called a grazer.

Eric
Dempsey's Resolution Fitness 

No comments: