Liv Pur Nutritional Supplements

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Top 10 Disturbing Things I Still See In The Gym Everyday



As I walk around the gym everyday, I notice trendy things that a bunch of people do all of the time. It amazes me that in this day and age, there are so many outdated, ineffective, dangerous and down right ignorant things going on. So I will list the top 10 as I could go on for days about this.

1. The vinyl sweatsuits are still alive and well. Can you believe that people trying to get in shape still think this is a viable way to change their body composition?

2. People are still on the cardio machines moving slow and reading books. Are you kidding?

3. Putting all sorts of weight on a bar or machine and then doing partial reps thinking they are killing it with full ROM.

4. Everyone doing all sorts of arm curls and crunches - dang -national biceps and abs day!

5. Doing an hour on the treadmill, then an hour on the eliptical, then and hour on the stairmaster before going to do arm curls and crunches. How do people have like 2-4 hours a day to workout? Get a job!

6. Going to an aerobics class or two and then doing #4&5.

7. Using super light weight and doing a million reps for a zillion sets.

8. Holding weight plates or dumbbells and doing hundreds of fast side bends and back extensions.

9. Super poor form and technique across the board.

10. Taking advice from rogue so-called trainers on how to do 1-9.

Of course, the list could go on and on and I won't even start with the wanna- be crossfitters who are just plain scary and dangerous. It is crazy and when I offer someone advise on how to do it right, better or just safely -they tell me no thanks, they got this! Geez, your doctor and chiropractor will have this soon to fund their trip to the bahamas. And then there are the knuckleheads who think I am a poorly paid spotter and are dismayed when I tell them differently. Needless to say, it is very frustrating for me to watch this day in and day out. All I can do is help those who wish to be helped. There is a better way! Leave a comment and let me know what you think and what craziness you see in the gym. 

Eric
Dempsey's Resolution Fitness

No comments: