Liv Pur Nutritional Supplements

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Saturday Night Special

Tonight's workout kicked my ass as most do. Warmup consisted of rings pushups, perfect pushup bar pushups, band pull aparts, squats and a light set of 12 reps of 135lbs on the bench. I started off with the bench press but went light as I'm nursing my shoulder injury. I only went up to 285lbs and quit while I was ahead as to avoid injury.

Then I busted out the power wheel (PW). I did a superset of PW glute bridge/leg curls, pike ups to pushup and jacknife and then finished with single kettlebell pushups to renegade rows. I used the big green KB which is 61.6lbs and is a monster for me anyway. My form wasn't always perfect because I was fatigued and my trainer sucks at correcting my form. But I pulled it off without breaking anything.

The power wheel is one of the most awesome tools and it was definately a worthwhile investment. If you have a home gym or want to have a small collection of workout stuff at home or for travel, the power wheel is a key item to have. If you'd like to have your own, check it out here by clicking on the pic:




135lbs x 12 Bench Press Warmup

Power Wheel Glute Bridge / Leg Curl

Power Wheel Pike Up / Pushup / Jacknife

Single Kettlebell (61.6lb) Pushup to Renegade Row

No comments: