Liv Pur Nutritional Supplements

Thursday, August 22, 2019

Slingshot Bench Press Progression Program

























This week’s slingshot bench progression was on track.

I got 275x3. If I had a spotter I’m sure I could have done 4, and maybe the 5th.

At 2am, with no spotter, I was happy with 3 good reps. I wasn’t about to push my luck.

Next week, I’ll go for the 4th rep.

Last week I got 265x5, and the week before that was 255x5, and before that was 245x5. 
I started this cycle with 225x5.

Realistic, safe progression is attainable and practical.

Mentally it tests your patience and ego.

I haven’t benched 275 in awhile because of the old shoulder injuries.

Now with my new program, I got three reps, pain free.

My micro experiment in the Iron Garage is working.

Hit the weights hard, and smart for optimal results.

275 is my gateway weight on the bench. 

This is where things get tough and slow down. 

We will see what happens next week.

Give this sequence a try with whatever weight you are using and see if it works for you.

Eric Dempsey
MS, ISSA Master Trainer

No comments: