Liv Pur Nutritional Supplements

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Did you eat the left over Halloween Candy? I sure did!



For Halloween this year, I bought a bunch of candy to hand out to the kids trick or treating and I handed out most of it but I had a bag left over. I said I will just give it to my kids as a treat for eating a super healthy meal. 

But then I failed myself in a moment of weakness and chowed it down. I did manage to save a handful for my daughter but it was bad.

I blame it on the seasonal changes and a drop in my serotonin levels -or more accurately, that it was just damn good. I broke my own rule and I bought candy that I like - big mistake, never do that.


So I've been doing my "walk your way to abs" program every morning after the 6 am class and eating good but my carbs have been higher, especially with the candy. And that means insulin levels have been higher as well.

That explains why even though I added a new cardio/abs workout to my routine, my progress has been stalled because of the carb/sugar/insulin spike. Combine that with some cold weather, which makes me want to avoid drinking my gallon of water and boom -you have the recipe for a muffin top. AKA Fat Ass.

So if you have done anything similar to what I have done, do not despair, because you can fix it just as quick.

Never believe that old hype about "it takes time to lose weight and get back in shape" - that's a cop out to make you feel better about yourself when you have been half steppin.

So to make the world all better, follow these steps with me to get back on track to the road to being lean.

1. No more candy - boom cold turkey -throw it out or give it away.

2. Increase your water intake up to around a gallon a day gradually.

3. Cycle your carbs based upon your activity level. High carbs pre & post workout, Low carbs the rest of the day. When carbs are high, protein is medium and fat is low and in reverse, when carbs are low, fat is medium and protein in high.

4. Hit your workouts hard and eat clean with low sodium, lean proteins, good fats and fibrous carbs. Remember the example meal of chicken breast, almonds and broccoli.

5. Prep your meals before hand and have them ready.

If you follow those steps as I am going to, starting now, you will notice a rapid reduction/tightening of the belly area.


These steps are all things that you should be doing everyday, anyway. You can undue the Halloween candy damage in as little as 3-5 days. I'm getting back on track now and I encourage you to do the same.

Eric
Dempsey's Resolution Fitness

No comments: