Liv Pur Nutritional Supplements

Monday, May 23, 2011

The New Buzz About Old Stuff


So I've been seeing a lot of new buzz lately about barefoot training...I remember back to when I first started barefoot training, it was 1982, at my karate school. Same with other training -cardio, boxing, wrestling, judo, jiu-jitsu, mobility, flexibility, core, functional, total body, high intensity, circuit, etc...

In 1986, I got my first class in Muay Thai and got my ass kicked by this new weird way of kickboxing.

Then in 1997, I received training in ropes, kettlebells, medicine balls, indian clubs, dumbbells and plyometrics. That is also when I became a certified endurance sports trainer.

In 1982, I also started my journey with the diets and nutrition stuff  as well- high carb, low carb, high protein, ketogenic, organic, raw, supplements, anabolic, vitamins, herbs....I also ran my first small group training class.

None of the stuff back then had any serious popularity or "buzz". We just did learned it and did it and it became the norm. So the old saying "I was doing cool stuff before it became cool" is the case. How times change.

I'm not the new kid in town. If you want a different perspective on the new buzz methods, that aren't really new, come by the Columbus studio and see some old applications of the new stuff, in a way that is time tested and proven to work.

If I only knew back then...

Eric
Dempsey's Resolution Fitness

No comments: