Liv Pur Nutritional Supplements

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Don't Drink the Rockstar Baby!!!!

If you want to achieve your health and fitness goals, it requires a degree of self-discipline. Your meal plans and your exercise routines have to be important to you or you will fail. Too many people look for the easy way out. My latest jab at the crazy weightloss world is the rockstar energy drink and cigarette diet plan which I make fun of constantly.

People actually live on energy drinks (giant sugar containers) and cigarettes. They don't eat much and if they exercise at all, it's some useless form of slow cardio. Yes, they lose massive weight quickly. And yes it's all muscle and water. What's left - size zero jeans filled with gelatin and hollow, brittle, weak bones.
So if that's what you want as a quick fix, go for it.

If you want to be healthy and fit, it takes longer and you have to be consistent, persistent and dedicated. When you feel tired or lazy, snap out of it and do some real exercise. If you are hungry, grab something good - which you should have on hand.

In my continual quest to overcome old age and injuries, I did another challenging chest workout. My warmup consisted of rings chest press for 20 reps, Bench press: 135lbs x 12, 225lbs x 1, 245lbs x 1, 275lbs x 1, 285lbs x 1 and 295lbs x 1. I improved, since my last videotaped workout, by getting 305 lbs for 2 reps, 250 lbs for 5 reps and 225 lbs for 13 reps. Of course, I didn't have a spotter as usual (not recommended :-) ), so I had to be cautious.

I finished with a little humor, talking about the rockstar energy drink and cigarette diet plan. Naturally, I didn't drink rockstar and smoke cigarettes as my post workout meal plan. I actually had an anabolic dose creatine drink and a protein shake. So my advise for the quick fix dieters is "Don't Drink the Rockstar Baby"

305 lbs x 2 reps


250 lbs x 5 reps

225 lbs x 13 reps

Don't Drink the Rockstar Baby !!!

No comments: