Liv Pur Nutritional Supplements

Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Learning never ends





















And the biannual recertification process is finally complete.
The heavy dose of academics has fried my brain once again.
I'm good for another 2 years.
I've completed this process 8 times now.
I've been certified by the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM)
as a certified personal trainer, for 14 years now. This is my primary certification. But I have dozens of others accumulated over the years.

And yet everyday, I learn something new, and realize that I am merely a beginner, still a white belt, in the vast complicated realm of physical culture. You are truly finished if you stop learning or refuse to learn anymore.

Nobody cares about how many certifications, diplomas or decades of experience that I have. People only care about how much I can do for them, for the least amount spent. More than 6 out of every 10 people in our country are overweight or obese, with the children's numbers rapidly closing the gap. And yet they still know it all and refuse to listen. They all flock to the shiny new quick fix shortcut program or potion like moths to the flame. I do not put all of this effort in for those people. I can't save them or help them. They are lost already.

I do what I do because out there wandering in the shadows, there is a person seeking the truth, looking for answers, wanting to do it right. A person who is tired of being lied to, tricked and scammed. A person who wants to learn, and values knowledge and experience. A person who wants to be more, be better, fitter, and healthier. A person who wants to rise to the true level of their God given potential. A person who realizes that diligent study and hard work are the not so secret keys to success. I'm here to help that person. Because that person is me.


Eric Dempsey
MS, NASM CPT, WLS, FNS, SFS


No comments: