Liv Pur Nutritional Supplements

Thursday, July 1, 2021

Step into the Arena and Face the Beast





Entering the arena and facing the beast! This means different things to different people. And it applies to any life topic not just exercise.  

Generally, it means facing the thing or task that you suck at, fear, or hate the most, and attacking it with your best effort regardless of the outcome. 

For me with age, and plenty of old army injuries (which of course were not service related, yeah FU VA 😆), my gym demon is now squats. And I’ve conveniently talked my way around them for too many months after my last back strain. 

So here I am eating humble pie and trying to not tap out or get hurt. Pathetically light weight for 4x6. And it kicked my butt. - which also means it’s an awesome exercise. 

I have to do box squats for any type of squats now  and I have to avoid barbell back squats. This was hard to accept. I can do these safety squat bar box squats as long as I use light weight and really pay attention to detail. Also hard to accept. 

I can go much heavier with goblet squats and those are the safest and easiest for me to do. The SSB box squats are really hard right now even with light weight- and they scare me. And that’s why I’m doing them. Cause it scares me and it’s hard! If you run from that it’s over. So yeah a lot of this is mental. 

Go do the thing you suck at/fear/hate the most and get better at it one day at a time. 

That will be worth so much more to you in the end than the coward life of running away and avoidance. That was me and these damn squats. Was… - not any more. Go get sum!!

No comments: