Liv Pur Nutritional Supplements

Monday, July 12, 2021

Use protective gear when lifting heavy


275 was feeling heavy on this one. 
This workout was power singles up and down. Standing band chest press x20, slingshot bench press: 135x10, 225x1, 245x1, 275x1, 265x1, 255x1, 245x1, 235x-, 225x1. 

But the elbows felt great in the new elbow sleeves. Another thing I wish I had started using 30 years ago. For so many years the self proclaimed gurus said if you wear gloves, belts, sleeves, wraps, etc…you were a weak pos. 

I agreed in part as I do think there is a time and place to use and not use different gear. But I was wrong about not using protective gear when lifting heavy. 

Time, failure, and experience are the great teachers. So from someone who has been training for over 40 years, I now say use all the gear when lifting heavy and protect your joints and body. Your older self will thank you. 

I’m getting new wrist wraps and gloves next. It makes lifting enjoyable again instead of simply just grinding through a pain tolerance session. And simply ignore all of the gurus who say don’t use gear. 

Your body, your joints, and your health are all yours. Nobody else cares about your pain except you. Train hard and smart - pain and injury free. 

No comments: