Liv Pur Nutritional Supplements

Saturday, August 3, 2024

Nutrition fundamentals for body composition and performance


Nutrition fundamentals for body composition and performance: there are two main categories that everyone needs to optimize to reach your goals. The two categories are caloric intake and macronutrient ratios. When these two categories are off track, your progress suffers. 

Your goals almost always include something to do with looking better, feeling better and performing better. People assume that losing weight is on that list because that’s what you have been indoctrinated into thinking. Building / maintaining muscle mass and losing body fat are what you should be focused on. Nobody talks about that because it’s not part of the money making narrative. 

Here are a list of questions that you should be asking yourself:
What are my specific goals?
What should my caloric intake be to reach my goals?
What is my current actual caloric intake?
What macronutrient ratio of protein, fat and carbs should I be using to reach my goals?
What is my current actual macronutrient ratio?
What changes do I have to make to go from my actual current caloric intake and macronutrient ratio to my desired caloric intake and macronutrient ratio?

Once you have the answers to these questions then you can take positive decisive actions that will actually assist you in achieving your goals. Simple doctrinal statements like “eat less and exercise more” and “slim down and tone up” are amateur hour constructs propagated by the money making industries. 
Try “burn fat and build muscle” instead for optimal healthy results. 

In my nutrition program that I have taught for years, I teach, coach and mentor people to answer those questions, calculate the answers, and develop your own nutrition plan to reach your specific goals. 

Most people are too lazy or undisciplined to do the work required. For those types, they can simply do endless cardio and starve themselves until they can cram their atrophied malnourished brittle bodies into a size zero pair of jeans. Dying skinny can be a goal I suppose. Throughout history, death camps were filled with skeletal looking skinny people (barely alive and dead). So choose your goals wisely. It’s worth doing the work to be healthy. 

No comments: